Cremation urns (also known as funerary urns, cinerary urns or burial urns) have been used by many civilizations. After death, corpses are cremated, and the ashes are collected and put in an urn. According to research it has been found that cremation urns have a significant role in different cultures. The history of urns can be traced back to many thousands of years. An urn is a vase, often with a cover that usually has a somewhat narrowed neck above a rounded body and a footed pedestal.
The utility of the urn depends on what is to be done with the ashes of loved one. The ashes can be scattered on land or water or can be kept at home interred or buried. Some people keep ashes and use it in the funeral of a spouse or other loved one. There are many options and deciding what to do with ashes will create the choice of the type of urn to be used.
Finding the right urns for ashes means:
- If the plan to scatter the ashes, then traveling to a location is involved. There should not be a problem with placing urn in the tray at the airport to let them scan the urn. The airport rule is not to open – weather it is brass or a wood urn as long as the relevant papers are available in support.
- Many of our urns are unique and can’t be found anywhere. The reason is that we create our products and hence, you may never have seen these products before. As a result, we feel responsible for assisting with suitable urn. Our exclusive products make Last Rites stand out. We care about creativity and personalization.
- Some families choose to have earthen urns. These urns are very personalized, affordable and are environmentally friendly.
- Some urns are for water burial and others for land burial and are available in several shapes and sizes.
- There are urns that are meant to be used for scattering ashes in the ocean or a river.
If your loved one was interested in chess or fishing or cricket, our urns provide the right memorial for you. We specialize in custom and engravable Urns and work hard to bring dignity and personality to your loved ones’ final resting place. You can expect the very best of service and products from us. Our urns are most unique and are guaranteed for a life time.
Our passion is to provide a unique urn product line at reasonable prices. And we live our passion by being involved with the industry and seeking out new kinds of urns. Urns are sized to hold the ashes of one person. Adult sized urns for ashes can be made of any material – brass urns, marble urns, wooden urns, and more. General rule is that adult size cremation urns hold about 200 cubic inches of ashes (of a person who weighed up to 90kg) although some urns have higher capacity – 250 cubic inches.
We understand that losing a loved one is a difficult thing to deal with. As a result, we feel responsible for assisting you with your memorial. We are pleased to offer one of the finest collections of cremation urns available today. Thank you for letting us assist you during this difficult time and making this special last purchase for your loved one.
Our Last Rites blog is constantly changing and is always a resource for information. Our blog is constantly adding valuable information that can guide you through the process of memorializing a loved one that you have lost.
More information – we are available 24 hours and will respond via email after business hours.